Milaidhoo knows "luxury" better than most Maldives resorts
What Milaidhoo does differently is put the luxury in details and service, which makes it stand out. They pay attention to the little things that generate more of a "wow" factor. Remember, most resorts in Maldives are already over the top, which theoretically makes them all very similar. Aside from smart design, massive villas with private pools, total privacy, overwater spa and incredibly fresh/elevated dining, here's a few other things at Milaidhoo that stand out for me:
1. Complimentary in-room, cloud-style flip flops. Flip flops are standard at most luxury resorts in the Maldives but the material they use is very different. It feels like you're walking on air or atop clouds. They have zero weight on your feet. Also, the words Milaidhoo and Maldives are carved on the bottom, so when you step in the sand, you leave those imprints. Genius marketing??
2. The TVs in the villas are hidden behind picture frames. I never turn on the TV when on my trips, and I love that they hid them in such a beautiful, nature/organic-designed room.
3. Breakfast buffet is posh and brilliant. It feels like a lab with some carefully curated, visually stunning plates and dishes inside glass drawers. There's also fresh-baked bread (you won't find many resorts that have their own on-site bakery), including gluten free, as well as cold drip coffee, again a rarity in the Maldives.
4. The beach villa's design is oval, so you can have 180-degree views with sliding glass walls, unlike other villas that are square shaped. Also, you have an indoor shower, outdoor shower, and a second outdoor shower, not to mention private pool and just steps from the crystal clear sea.
5. The resort is surrounded by a coral reef. Many luxury resorts don't even have a reef, or they were bleached. You can see sea turtles, dolphins, lobsters and other rare creatures just steps from your villa. Also, the reef in this specific atoll is protected (no fishing) so you have triple the marine life.
6. Swinging chairs everywhere, hanging from ceiling, rather than just boring chairs.
I can't wait to come back. This is my new favorite place!!