6 good reasons to book a luxury hotel for your next vacation
To upgrade or not to upgrade... that is the hardest decision in life. You can stay in a mediocre hotel and save hundreds of dollars, or you can splurge on a five-star property and vacation with the highest degree of comfort.
We've all had this delicate scenario of searching and comparing hotels to book—and being frustrated. Some times the difference between a standard hotel and a luxury one is just a matter of a hundred bucks a night, but you know that extra money saved could go far if you just stayed at, like, an Omni.
I'm here to tell it to you straight. You won't cry about booking a luxury hotel whereas you might regret penny pinching for a basic one. If you really need someone to twist your arm, these are six good reasons why you should just pay the difference for a luxury hotel.
6 good reasons to just friggin pay the difference for a luxury hotel!
1. It's YOUR vacation, and you're putting it all on your credit card anyway. Stop stressing out about it. It's your vacation, you call the shots, and you end up with the memories. When you look back at your vacation, do you want to remember chilling out in a tiny standard room at a Marriott or popping champers at a Four Seasons? A vacation should be a vacation. HUGE TIP ALERT: If the different between a basic hotel and a luxury hotel is pretty steep, chances are occupancy is high for whatever reason (ie: holiday, event, Justin Bieber checked in..). If you travel when occupancy is low, that luxury hotel definitely wants your business either way.... so call up reservations yourself and see how low they can go for a rate. You could be surprised.
2. Two words: luxury hotel. Backbending staff, welcome amenity, fresh gourmet food, 24-hour room service (with food that is actually delicious at 2 AM), heated pools, infinity pools, pools that are taken care of, private pools with your suite, bellhops, views, craft cocktails, better location, comfortable beds, bathtubs with bath salts and expensive toiletries, amenities like complimentary bikes, separate concierge, often private beaches, thoughtful design and a high degree of comfort. This is what you get at a luxury hotel.
3. Luxury hotels actually give a damn. Let’s say you order in-room dining. Your French fries are cold. A luxury hotel will not only replace them, they’ll likely take the entire meal off the bill for the inconvenience. Let’s say WIFI is spotty and it’s frustrating. Mention it at check out and it will be taken off your bill right away, whereas, at a budget hotel, you’ll have to fight for this. At a luxury hotel, very little guests complain because everything works out more smoothly than a budget hotel, so a luxury hotel can go bigger to fix things. They want you to have a memorable stay, and they set really high expectations because the majority of their guests are important people in the real world (celebrities, CEOs, VIPs, etc.). Luxury hotels strive to be the best in the city, so they actually give a damn when it comes to their guests. Also, hotel managers are luxury hotels get it. They know customers come first and they want to fix things, where as a general manager at a basic hotel may just hide when it comes to a dilemma.
4. Bragging rights. Most people who stay in an amazing luxury hotel will let the whole world know, mostly through social media. A luxury hotel will get them excited, whether its from the killer views from their room or the amazing design of the hotel bar. Luxury hotels put in every effort for design, ambience and even architecture. Would you rather Instagram from a Peninsula Hotel or a Holiday Inn? We thought so. I have a friend who travels often and he has a huge Instagram following. You can bet he goes nuts on social media at a luxury hotel, but if he’s booked at a budget hotel, you’ll never see that hotel on his feed.
5. You’ll generally feel good the entire time. I’m about to get New Age on you. The energy levels at a luxury hotel are high. The staff are happy to work there, they take care of the hotel with passion, and hotel guests are also in great moods because they are on vacation and staying in a wonderful hotel, meaning great energy is bouncing off the walls. Energy is contagious, so it will brighten your mood and energy level right away.
6. No regrets. Hey, remember that time you were looking to book a hotel in New Orleans, and your options were between a basic hotel and a luxury hotel that was about $80 more? You dwelled on it for a really long time and decided to book the standard hotel to save money? Then you got to the hotel and it had no soul, the front desk gave 0 fucks, there was no turn-down service, the pool was too cold to swim in, tons of screaming kids in the room next door gave you nightmares, your room had a view of the parking lot, your TV never worked, WIFI only worked in certain areas, the other hotel guests were kinda trashy, the food sucked and the hotel nickel and dimed you for a few things when you checked out? Remember that?? What a shitty time, right?!